Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Sky is the Limit

I have recently been exploring Twitter. I am trying to keep up with technology as I am always looking for things that may be helpful for the individuals I work with. One of the interesting things I am following is The Autism News (@theautismnews).

The Autism News recently shared a story about a high school senior in South Jordan, Utah. Nathan Christensen has earned every possible Boy Scout badge. In total he earned 132 badges. His mother said she wasn’t sure he would ever accomplish this, especially some of the things like whitewater rafting, but they set the goal and aimed for it and he did it.

This was a great reminder that if we don’t set goals for our kids, they will never have the opportunity to achieve them. We need to set large goals and systematically work toward them. As we move toward the ultimate goal, we need to celebrate all the little achievements along the way.

I realize that not all of our kids are going to achieve the end goal. Sometimes our end goals for our kids are too lofty.  However, I believe our kids will be further ahead if we aim for the stars and land on the moon.

Remember, the sky is the limit!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment